The Asset-Based Community Development Institute (ABCD) is at the center of a large and growing movement that considers local assets as the primary building blocks of sustainable community development. Building on the skills of local residents, the power of local associations, and the supportive functions of local institutions, asset-based community development draws upon existing community strengths to build stronger, more sustainable communities for the future.
To learn more about the ABCD Institute, check out website.
State or Province:
what are your gifts and talents?:
why do you want to join abcd in action?:Congratulations on migrating to a new platform!
An online workshop offered through the ABCD Institute
You are invited to a series of conversations over 6 sessions exploring principles and applications of Asset-Based Community Development in the community. We will engage in conversations around the many challenges we are facing today and the power of connection. This is an 18-hour series focused on building community resilience and a belief that what we need, is here.
- North America – Monday, October 11,18, 25 and Monday November 8 and Friday November 12. 5:00-8:00 pm CST
Australia – Tuesday, October 12, 19, 26 and Tuesday November 9 and Saturday November 13. 9:00 am – 12:00 pm AEDT
This will be a virtual training via Zoom. People’s lives are transformed by ABCD and this series is for all connectors and those curious about the strength of their community. Some of the tales shared and topics discussed may include:
- How might communities respond to crisis when resilience is under pressure?
- How might ABCD address income and race disparity?
- What are the ingredients in a community that can bring people together?
- What does it take to create a healthy community?
- How can ABCD re-engage curiosity in the world and create belonging?