Hello Africa!

Fasoranti Damilola
Fasoranti Damilola
@fasoranti-damilola
4 years ago
23 posts

I live in South West and North Central, Nigeria. Although, my work spans mostly within Africa and will extend beyond this soon. I met ABCD practitioners in South Africa and Kenya when I visited. 

I will like to connect with more people that are practising ABCD on the African soil.

Hearty Cheers,

Fash.

updated by @fasoranti-damilola: 10/28/21 03:34:17AM
John W Zeigler Jr
John W Zeigler Jr
@john-w-zeigler
4 years ago
3 posts

Greetings Brother Fasoranti,

I might try Hanna Nel who teaches at the University of Johannesburg in the Social Work department. She is a scholar and practitioner in the practice of ABCD.

Peace,

John Z

Fasoranti Damilola
Fasoranti Damilola
@fasoranti-damilola
4 years ago
23 posts

Thanks a lot, Dear John.

Do you have the contact of Hanna Nel? I met another amazing ABCD Practitioner when I was in South Africa last year. It will be great to connect with Hanna too.

Best Regards,

Fash.

[quote="John W Zeigler"]

Greetings Brother Fasoranti,

I might try Hanna Nel who teaches at the University of Johannesburg in the Social Work department. She is a scholar and practitioner in the practice of ABCD.

Peace,

John Z

[/quote]

John W Zeigler Jr
John W Zeigler Jr
@john-w-zeigler
4 years ago
3 posts

Hannah's email address is hannan@uj.ac.za. Who was the ABCD practitioner you met in SA?

Akissi Delphine
Akissi Delphine
@akissi-delphine
4 years ago
1 posts
Hello Every Body. I 'm from Cote D ivoire. West Africa and would like to meet AANC practicionnersin my country. My fiends and arewotking to improve learning outcome in primer schools in our village
Brian Nugent
Brian Nugent
@brian-nugent
4 years ago
2 posts

Sorry I got to this late.  I have conducted the ABCD process in different African countries over about 10 years.  I worked with communities in Kano Region, Nigeria and in the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Sudan and Somalia as well as in refugee camps.  I carry out training for trainers and have written a 'how to' manual.  I can share my experience and documents.

Brian

Fasoranti Damilola
Fasoranti Damilola
@fasoranti-damilola
4 years ago
23 posts

Hello Brian, I am pleased to know that you have worked in Nigeria, where I currently live. I have worked with other communities in Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda. I will like to learn more from your discoveries and I feel we will have a lot of things to share.

Regards,

Fash.

Brian Nugent
Brian Nugent
@brian-nugent
4 years ago
2 posts

Hi Fash.  I wonder would you be interested in a Skype call in the coming week?  Let me know if that would suit and when.

Brian

Daniella Fast
Daniella Fast
@daniella-fast
4 years ago
3 posts

Hello Fash,  we work in the DR Congo, Lesotho and are hoping to open to other parts of Africa.  We have friends in the DR Congo that were also trained in South Africa and are doing wonderful things in the DR Congo.  Our friend John (john_fumana@yahoo.fr) would be a great person to connect to if you are interested.  I would love to hear some of the ABCD actions you are doing in your community!  

Fasoranti Damilola
Fasoranti Damilola
@fasoranti-damilola
3 years ago
23 posts
Hello Daniella,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will send an email to John right away. I was curious to know if anyone was working in Lesotho too. Thank you for the heads up.
Janine Ward
Janine Ward
@janine-ward
3 years ago
4 posts

Hi Fasoranti, if you are looking for ABCD people in Lesotho, give a shout to Thato Masupha - she is with the Department of Social Development in the government and has attended one of our ABCD masterclass sessions in South Africa. Her email address is masupha29@gmail.com

Daniella Fast
Daniella Fast
@daniella-fast
3 years ago
3 posts

Hello again Fash,

Yes I do have a contact in Lesotho who is doing abcd.  He's a wonderful community leader.  Here is his email address - khotso1981@gmail.com

Daniella

Fasoranti Damilola
Fasoranti Damilola
@fasoranti-damilola
3 years ago
23 posts

[quote="John W Zeigler Jr"]

Hannah's email address is hannan@uj.ac.za. Who was the ABCD practitioner you met in SA?

[/quote]

Thanks a lot, John. I was able to connect with Prof Hanna today and it was such an awesome time listening, learning and sharing. Thank you for sharing her contact. Best Regards.

Fasoranti Damilola
Fasoranti Damilola
@fasoranti-damilola
3 years ago
23 posts
Any ABCD practitioners or enthusiasts in Rwanda, Zimbabwe and Zambia?

I will be traveling through these countries before the end of 2021.

I will be glad to meet up, share and learn with fellow asset-minded folks.
Joseph Mwaura
Joseph Mwaura
@joseph-mwaura
3 years ago
2 posts
[quote="Brian Nugent"]

Sorry I got to this late.  I have conducted the ABCD process in different African countries over about 10 years.  I worked with communities in Kano Region, Nigeria and in the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Sudan and Somalia as well as in refugee camps.  I carry out training for trainers and have written a 'how to' manual.  I can share my experience and documents.

Brian

[/quote]
Hi Brian , I am from Kenya practising ABCD and I got interested in your manual 'how to' do you send the manual to people in Africa?
Joseph Mwaura
Joseph Mwaura
@joseph-mwaura
3 years ago
2 posts
Hi all ABCD
I am working with ABCD projects in Kenya.Are there people who are like minded in Kenya for networking?My email is ascdkenya2016@gmail.com.Please let's let's connect.

Tags