Anyone else work at a university hospital?

Teryn Heckers
Teryn Heckers
@teryn-heckers
9 years ago
5 posts

Hello everyone!

About three months ago I started a new job with the UC Davis Health System in Sacramento, CA. I'm the Community Liaison for the Department of Family and Community Medicine. In short, that means I'm in charge of getting our medical students and resident physicians to interact with the communities in our geographical area. I set up times for them to visit social services agencies, help them implement community projects with partner agencies, etc.

It's a great job, but I've found it a bit challenging at times too. We use the ABCD approach here in my department(or at least, that's what we strive for), but I'm having a hard time understanding how my big institution fits into ABCD. And given that the rest of the university doesn't necessarily embrace ABCD, my department's model of community engagement doesn't always jive with the way the rest of the university operates.

I was curious - do any of you have a similar job? I'd love to connect and chat about positive experiences you've had, difficulties you've encountered, etc.

Thanks!

updated by @teryn-heckers: 10/25/16 01:27:32PM

Tags