Refugee Resettlement--Applying the principles of ABCD

Dana
Dana
@dana
12 years ago
3 posts

I think the world of Refugee Resettlement could be improved greatly if we applied the principles of ABCD to refugee resettlement. I would really like training on the principles of ABCD but I don't see any upcoming trainings that are local enough for me to attend.

If there is anyone that could have a conversation with me about this I would really appreciate it. My long-term vision is coming up with a model using ABCD to empower refugee communities to welcome and walk alongside newly arrived refugees.

updated by @dana: 01/22/18 12:02:28PM
Dana
Dana
@dana
12 years ago
3 posts

Fantastic! Sorry for my late reply, I have been out of the country. Could we potentially have a skype meeting? I am very interested in learning more. Thank you! My skype name is danaalane

Feel free to add me.

Thanks! Looking forward to talking more.

Aarti Sahgal
Aarti Sahgal
@aarti-sahgal
12 years ago
3 posts

Hi Dana,

Sorry for the late reply. I am in Georgia and work for the Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities as a Diversity consultant. For the past4 years or more I have been working with the refugees resettled here. We have the nations most diverse city - Clarkston, with people from more than 60 different countries, speaking 25 different languages settled in 1 square mile area!

We are doing some goodworkbased on ABCD model with refugees and other communities in GA.

Will be happy to share.

Aarti Sahgal
Aarti Sahgal
@aarti-sahgal
12 years ago
3 posts

Sure, my skype name is aarti.sahgal- so there is 15 hour timedifference? I guess 4.00pm our time (EST, that is) and your early moening should work best.

Dana
Dana
@dana
12 years ago
3 posts

Yes! I would love to. Tell me a good time that works for you. Evenings should be fine. Mondays and Tuesdays aren't the best for me. Wednesdays or Thursdays are better. Looking forward to it! My skype name is danaalane

Om Dhungel
Om Dhungel
@om-dhungel
4 years ago
2 posts

Pleased to see that a conversation started on this subject some eight years ago. Love to see this continuing and I will have to be involved and share my learnings.   

Tags