City of Johannesburg

Ronald Winston Harris
Ronald Winston Harris
@ronald-winston-harris
3 years ago
1 posts

I am the newly appointed Member of the Mayoral Committee (MMC) for Community Development in the City of Johannesburg. I will be delighted to listen to ideas and to look at future trends in the Community Development space.

Letlhage Mochadibane
Letlhage Mochadibane
@letlhage-mochadibane
2 years ago
2 posts

Congratulations in the appointment and certainly I would like to share with you a proposal that seeks to stimulate community participation in the townships of Johannesburg with the intention to revive and enable hidden resources.  We believe the assets within the community may heighten a collective desire to explore talents, skills and shift paradigms and attitudes towards existing facilities and resources.  The resultant passion shall be channelled to a community cohesive programme generating economic activities to improve livelihoods and thus become partners in the building of the city's social development.  Please indicate how we can pursue the discussion for a detailed presentation.  My contact details are (mobile) 0823296268  or letlhagemoc@gmail.com    

Janine Ward
Janine Ward
@janine-ward
2 years ago
4 posts

Hello Ronald, welcome to the post of Community Development in Joburg! I recently relocated to KZN but I would love to connect you with my ABCD colleagues in the city to engage with you. I have worked with COGTA and UJ for a number of years and we have a growing family of ABCD (Asset-based Community-led Development) practitioners who would be a wonderful asset for you to connect with. Prof Hanna Nel at UJ has been lecturing on ABCD for many years - her email address is hannan@uj.ac.za  The contact person at COGTA is Conrad Jardine - email address conrad.jardine@gauteng.gov.za There are many more people, but Hanna and Conrad are the key contacts and they can link you with others if and when you want to expand the circle. 

All the best with your new post - I think it's an exciting time for community development in South Africa - we can turn the tide!

Regards

Janine - my email is jwinspace@gmail.com if you would like to connect with me

Gail Jacobs
Gail Jacobs
@gail-jacobs
2 years ago
1 posts

Hi to all

I'm based in the Western Cape and eager to team up with ABCD team across the country. My e-mail is gail@feet2grow.co.za. I offer workshops and have been facilitating sessions with government/civil society and private sector. 

Keen to hear from others.

Regards

Gail

Nkosinathi
Nkosinathi
@nkosinathi
2 years ago
2 posts

Greetings Family

I am glad to have found this real platform to connect with conscious individuals,passionate about ABCD. I am also a ABCD practitioner based in johannesburg,bezvally and will send and engage with all of you through emails and also share visuals of what we do.thanks....currently i am texting this on a community internet cafe hence i wont say much coz i need to give space to other community users.thanks

Tags