Tips and Ideas for Communities dealing with Coronavirus?

user image

@abcd-in-action
4 years ago
0 posts

What tips and ideas do you have for communities dealing with coronavirus? What should communities be doing that governments are not doing or can not do?

updated by @abcd-in-action: 04/09/20 10:57:22AM
user image

@abcd-in-action
4 years ago
0 posts

See the attached flyers below for some nice graphics and reminders for folks. Thanks to the Jeder Institute (Michelle Dunscomb, Dee Brooks and others) for the lovely work on this.

updated by @abcd-in-action: 04/09/20 11:01:00AM
user image

@abcd-in-action
4 years ago
0 posts

Here's a great idea I saw from the Rural Assembly (an organization focused on rural communities)... It's called Check on Your Neighbors. Here's what they say about this...

Have you found yourself wondering how an old friend or acquaintance is doing during this remarkable, uncertain time in our nation? We would like you to join us in checking on our neighbors. It’s easy to participate.

1. Choose someone you don’t talk to often and reach out over phone, email, facebook, or text. It could be a friend from college, a neighbor down the street, an old colleague. 
  2. Ask them some questions. Try one or two of these: How is today different than a month ago? How is this situation affecting your work? How are you keeping your spirits up? What do you or the people in your work need right now? Or simply ask, how are you doing? Ask them to send you a photo that illustrates their current life. 
  3. Send us a few sentences (or a few paragraphs!) below about what you heard in your conversation. Not sure what to share? Check out some examples from checking in with our neighbors here.
  4. Ask them to pay it forward and check in with their neighbor. Send them the link to this page so they can send us some information on their conversation.

I wish I'd have thought of this! What a great idea!

Deb

updated by @abcd-in-action: 05/21/20 04:51:53PM

Tags