ABCD and integration of refugees into society

Ewa
Ewa
@ewa
5 years ago
1 posts

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on my MA dissertation (I studied Development Studies at Sussex University in the UK). My research question is:  How can ABCD approach support integration of refugees into society? 

From my initial research, I can't really find any case studies that would link these two concepts. I identified one German NGO which works with refugees & local communities in Greece (https://habibi.works/); I think they might be using this model without actually calling it this way.

My question is whether any of you has an experience of applying ABCD when it comes to integrating refugees into society? Or have seen any relevant examples / case studies they could point me towards to?

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you

Ewa

Fiona Boyle
Fiona Boyle
@fiona-boyle
5 years ago
2 posts
Hi Eva. Contact Terra Lea Ranson at the City of Onkaparinga in South Australia. They have been using ABCD and also work with refugees and new arrivals to their community. Onkaparingacity.com
Fiona Boyle
Fiona Boyle
@fiona-boyle
5 years ago
2 posts
Actually here is the contact officers direct email.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Elijah Bravington, Cultural Diversity Officer on 8322 1120 or email: Elijah.Bravington@onkaparinga.sa.gov.au
Alan Blackshaw
Alan Blackshaw
@alan-blackshaw
5 years ago
4 posts

Hi Ewa,

Centacare in Cairns, Queensland work with refugees and have an ABCD project in operation.

contact them through their Facebook page Our Place #wearecairnswest 

Tags