New to ABCD: What resources would you recommend?

ABCD in Action
@abcd-in-action
last year
7 posts

What resources would you recommend for someone who is just learning about ABCD?

updated by @abcd-in-action: 10/26/16 02:23:46PM
Mac Johnson
@mac-johnson
4 months ago
6 posts

I like the attached ABCD summary (2p PDF) from the Handbook of Applied Development Science (2 vols., 2002), under the "American Tradition of Community Development."  It makes a useful distinction between "Targeted Asset Mapping" and "Visionary Asset Mapping."

Dee Brooks
@dee-brooks
2 months ago
76 posts

Thanks Mac, I really like that wording! At a practical level, this is what I teach/do and I have used the word "targeted" in the past & "whole of community" for a larger view but to differentiate by using the words target and visionary is well, visionary! Haha!

One of our best ABCD resources in Australia, even though it is quite old now, would have to be "Making Headway" - there are things I would change over the past decade but, it still stands pretty strong! 

pdf
ABCD Toolkit.pdf  •  1.4MB

Dee Brooks
@dee-brooks
2 months ago
76 posts

This thread has been shared with the ABCD in Action Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/429625007423984/ 

Mac Johnson
@mac-johnson
2 months ago
6 posts

Asset Mapping short video

(0:03:47) via YouTube, by Occupy Sydney, on FaithInAction.net.au  This web page & video provide a good introduction and links.

"...If you have a small group of 4 or 5 people, I would contend that you have more resources in that group -- if you harness them fully -- than are needed to address (a social challenge)...""

Tags

Share This