Community Job Bank

Jean Corbett
Jean Corbett
@jean-corbett
10 years ago
2 posts

Our community group recently finished our first attempt at an Asset Survey in our neighborhood. Such fantastic information about our individual skills and talents, community resources and natural and built environment came to light. Now we'd like to take another step towards a job bank. Has anyone on this list had experience with forming a community job bank?

On the survey, we asked people to provide contact information if they'd be interesting in discussing the idea further and we received over 100 positive responses! This is much more than initially anticipated. With this level of interest, we want to capture the energy from the survey and move forward in a collaborative manner. Does anyone have suggestions for next steps?

Thanks so much for any thoughts, comments or suggestions!

Cheers,

Jean

updated by @jean-corbett: 10/24/16 04:45:18PM
Ron Dwyer-Voss
Ron Dwyer-Voss
@ron-dwyer-voss
10 years ago
48 posts

Edgar Cahn, who founded Timebanks, USA, is here. I encourage you to reach out to him -http://abcdinaction.ning.com/profile/EdgarStuartCahn?xg_source=activity. He is brilliant and friendly.

Ron

Jean Corbett
Jean Corbett
@jean-corbett
10 years ago
2 posts

Thanks, Ron! I sent him a message and look forward to reading more about Timebanks.

Cheers

Jean

Deb Wisniewski
Deb Wisniewski
@deb-wisniewski
10 years ago
140 posts

You can also check out Timebanks USA on their website. This explains a bit ofbackground on Timebanks. You can find out if there are any timebanks in your state. I'm in Wisconsin and we have a lot of interest in timebanks - we have about a dozen that are in action.

Tags