Call for case studies - ABCD & higher ed community engagement

John Hamerlinck
John Hamerlinck
@john-hamerlinck
12 years ago
50 posts

Hi everyone,

We are compiling case studies for a book focused on campus-community partnerships that have effectively employed the principles of asset-based community development (ABCD). These projects will have in some way increased social capital, while building on the skills, strengths, and vision of local residents, associations, and institutions. For more information go to http://4u43.com/vb1

updated by @john-hamerlinck: 10/25/16 01:27:32PM
Danielle Wood
Danielle Wood
@danielle-wood
8 years ago
2 posts

Hi John-

New to this site. Can you tell me if your book was compiled and if you have it out? I am looking for teaching tools - ideally in the form of case studies - for students. I will be asking them to work with an organization over a semester to reimagine a local challenge and forward an approach with an asset-based lens. The hope is that the organization will have something usable that they co-created. Case studies will help students see the how and the what to make the concepts more tangible. Most of what I've seen for examples so far is either short descriptions (such as a paragraph or two) or embedded as part of a dissertation. I'd love a book of case studies.

Danielle

Danielle Wood
Danielle Wood
@danielle-wood
8 years ago
2 posts

Thanks. Having it ordered now....

Tags