Bringing assets to the community

Karen Vogel
Karen Vogel
@karen-vogel
10 years ago
2 posts

Berkshire United Way has created an ABCD Learning Communityconsisting oforganizations and neighborhood groups. The ABCD model works well for the neighborhood groups, but the serviceorganizations arecomfortable identifying assets within their client base but struggle what todo with those assets and connect themto the community. How doesthismodel work best for service organizations?

updated by @karen-vogel: 10/24/16 07:43:22PM
Mary Butler
Mary Butler
@mary-butler
10 years ago
1 posts

Hi Karen, I work in community and volunteer for a non-profit organization, I have experienced the exact same thing. For me I realized they are not connected with the community, other then work. So it is hard for them to identify with the community. You may want to have them do an asset mapping of their OWN community, where they live not work. Then have them do an asset mapping of the organization they work for. Seeing the two may help them better.

Mary.

Karen Vogel
Karen Vogel
@karen-vogel
10 years ago
2 posts

Mary,

Thank you for your response. We have started with the organizations do their own asset mapping, and you are right, they need to do an asset map of their own neighborhood next. It is the missing link.

Karen

Tags