How has your community responded to the coronavirus pandemic?

user image

@abcd-in-action
4 years ago
0 posts

How has your community responded to the coronavirus pandemic? How have neighbors stepped up or supported each other?

updated by @abcd-in-action: 03/12/20 04:55:20PM
Deb Wisniewski
Deb Wisniewski
@deb-wisniewski
4 years ago
140 posts

From an article in the Independent:

As life in Italy grinds to a halt amid a nationwide lockdown to control the spread of the coronavirus outbreak, one street was filled with song as the community banded their voices together in solidarity.

A video of people singing out of their windows on a neighbourhood street in Siena, Tuscany, went viral on social media, with many calling it a “beautiful” act of humanity.

“People of my hometown Siena sing a popular song from their houses along an empty street to warm their heart during the Italian Covid-19 lockdown,” wrote a Twitter user who posted the video.

Watch the video here:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-italy-siena-song-canto-della-verbena-video-lockdown-a9399176.html?jwsource=cl

Michelle Strutzenberger
Michelle Strutzenberger
@michelle-strutzenberger
4 years ago
3 posts

KoreaKindness.pngI've launched a campaign to capture what I'm calling "quarantine quiddities." I'm especially on the lookout for good things that are happening through this time of crisis that might not have happened otherwise; they are "peculiar" to this situation. A friend from Korea shared this bit of news.  

Tags