Michelle Dunscombe
Michelle Dunscombe
@michelle-dunscombe
5 years ago
30 posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm super excited to let you all know that myself, Jodi Sampson and Dee Brooks launched DEADLY ABCD in Sydney, Australia recently.

Deadly ABCD is an opportunity to create a development framework in collaboration with First Nation Indigenous Australian Indigenous communities, which supports the Federal Government's “Closing the Gap” and "Empowering Communities" initiatives.  Discovering First Nation Australian Indigenous community strengths is a powerful and productive way for a community to realise a collective vision and focus on a brighter aspirational future.

We identified strong synergies between “Closing the Gap”, “Empowering Communities” and “Deadly ABCD”, and the fundamental principles of ABCD provides an engagement framework to produce a shared community vision. Deadly ABCD is based on culturally safe holistic approaches, active involvement, collaboration and valuing knowledge and culture.

If you want more information we'd love to share it with you.

Cheers

Michelle

Deadly ABCD.jpg
Deadly ABCD.jpg  •  40KB

updated by @michelle-dunscombe: 10/24/19 06:06:09PM
April Doner
April Doner
@april-doner
5 years ago
54 posts

How cool! Thanks so much for sharing this Michelle. I think it would be great if you could share additional information here!

Michelle Dunscombe
Michelle Dunscombe
@michelle-dunscombe
5 years ago
30 posts

[quote="April Doner"]

How cool! Thanks so much for sharing this Michelle. I think it would be great if you could share additional information here!

[/quote]

Absolutely, April. I've just attached our flyer.

pdf

April Doner
April Doner
@april-doner
5 years ago
54 posts

Thank you! This is very interesting. I am curious what the story is behind you developing this particular program, as well as the choice of the name "Deadly ABCD"? It's very striking and I'm super curious about the meaning behind it!

Michelle Dunscombe
Michelle Dunscombe
@michelle-dunscombe
5 years ago
30 posts

[quote="April Doner"]

Thank you! This is very interesting. I am curious what the story is behind you developing this particular program, as well as the choice of the name "Deadly ABCD"? It's very striking and I'm super curious about the meaning behind it!

[/quote]

Deadly ABCD was developed to offer an alternative to the top down model of community development in Aboriginal Communities here in Australia, that is culturally safe, participatory and community led. "Deadly" = Awesome/Fantastic in Australian Aboriginal community.

CommunityPie4.jpg
CommunityPie4.jpg  •  169KB

Fasoranti Damilola
Fasoranti Damilola
@fasoranti-damilola
5 years ago
23 posts

Thank you for sharing this, Michelle. I was curious too about the word ''deadly''. It's great to read your explanation. I will download your attached document and learn more about the initiative. Cheers.

Tags