Working On: Updating our website

Christine Capra
Christine Capra
@christine-capra
4 years ago
2 posts

Hi, Christine here:

It's time for our website to get a refresh, partly because the code has grown bloated, partly because in the last few years, we are much more clear about what we're doing and how to articulate it better.

If anyone wants to take a peek at the old one & let me know what is unclear, what you don't understand - that would be fabulous help :)

Here's the link https://greaterthanthesum.com/

I'll post the revised version when it's complete :)

Deb Wisniewski
Deb Wisniewski
@deb-wisniewski
4 years ago
140 posts

Hi Christine - Before I click on your link, can you tell us something about your organization and what you hope to do with your website? That would help us know what we're looking at/for...

Thanks!

Deb

Christine Capra
Christine Capra
@christine-capra
4 years ago
2 posts

Sure Deb,

As a service - we make online, interactive 'network' maps for change networks. We also developed a software tool that others can subscribe to called 'sumApp'

First, we developed this software tool 'sumApp' for gathering network data, because we didn't like the way existing tools worked - they didn't serve the process we wanted to employ with our clients. Then sumApp turned out to be unique enough that enabled a different kind of mapping to emerge from our practice, which we now call 'Social System Maps'.

Social System Maps are a mash-up of a system map, a network map & an asset map. Part of the re-do is about getting more of the thinking that shows up in our Knowledge Base summarized & represented in the website.

As our understanding of what's been made possible with the combination of sumApp (and Kumu.io which is the platform we use for visualizing the data we gather), the more we understand what a deep shift it is & the more we see that what we've written in the website doesn't really address that (it does, but not with enough clarity of why it's important).

We also support a community of other mappers who are learning to create these kinds of maps, or who use sumApp and already make Social System Maps for their system-change network clients. That's not on the website at all.

So - maybe my ask is premature because you don't know what I already have planned to be there. Or, maybe the ask really is - what do you like about what we already have that you think we shouldn't get rid of.

Thanks for asking!

CC

Tags