@ Monash South Africa
Attendees: @Mesfin Kebede Retta
22 May - 24 May, 2019
ASSET BASED CITIZEN-LED (COMMUNITY) DEVELOPMENT (ABCD) MASTERCLASS, Bookings open!
SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT PRACTITIONERS, NGO's, CBO's, FBO's, GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICERS, COMMUNITY LEADERS AND CSI PRACTITIONERS ... THIS MASTERCLASS IS FOR YOU!
Venue: Monash University
Facilitators: Janine Ward & Anne Timms (SPACE 4 Impact)
Cost: R3 150.00 p/p
Students: R2 500.00 p/p (Must provide Valid Student Reg No)
Register and pay before 15th March 2019 to qualify for 10% discount.
For more information or to register, please contact: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
THE WHAT: Experience how to blend ABCD with a range of powerful strengths-based approaches to community work and complementary methodologies to create powerful outcomes.
Leave with practical tools & skills on how to:
• Focus on assets and strengths rather than deficiencies
• Discover ways to blend methodologies
• Apply strengths-based monitoring and evaluation
• Build effective partnership strategies
• Increase confidence in hosting group work
• Form powerful inquiries and proposals
• Explore group dynamics and decision-making
• Build, maintain and restore trust in communities
• Personal Development
• Leadership Styles
THE WHY: Many of the challenges faced by individuals and communities require transformational change, which can only be achieved by focusing on the strengths within.
Tools to access these strengths include:
• Citizen & Community-led Initiatives
• Asset-based projects and mapping exercises
• Collective Impact & Action work
• Collaboration & Community Conversations
THE HOW: Learn ways to weave, embed and sustain ABCD and other strengths-based and participatory practices through co-design and collaboration processes. We will show you how to move from dialogue to action and how to discover ways to address complex challenges via innovative solutions.
• Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD)
• Change and/or Social Labs
• Art of Hosting & Harvesting Conversations & Work that Matters
• Circle Methodology
• World Café
• Open Space Technology
• Appreciative Inquiry & SOAR
Social Entrepreneur and GIBS Alumni with 31 years' experience in Business Development and Incubation, Coaching and Mentoring;
Socio-Economic Development (SED); Local Economic Development (LED); Private, Public Participation (PPP); Socio-Economic Surveys and Research; Poverty Eradication; Enterprise Development (ED), Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Development; Accredited and Portable Skills, Life Skills, Personal Mastery and Leadership Development; Project Management; Communication, Event Management and Marketing; Certified facilitator in Early Childhood Development (ECD); Asset Based Community Development (ABCD); Truth about Trust ; Neuro-Linguistic Programme (NLP); Poverty Stoplight's Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Tool. Philanthropist and Chairperson of Prettify our Township (NPO) and a board member of Jewels of Hope. Director of SPACE for Impact. CEO of Impactor Business Accelerator Pty Ltd. .