ABCD: can it be applied in all cases....?

Solomon A. Alao
Solomon A. Alao
@solomon-a-alao
11 years ago
1 posts

How can ABCD come into play in extreme poverty or in health management systems for the poor or hard to reach, especially in extremely vulnerable societies or communities.

updated by @solomon-a-alao: 10/24/16 04:45:18PM
Vincent Thurman
Vincent Thurman
@vincent-thurman
11 years ago
1 posts

I think that ABCD can still be useful in communities of extreme circumstance. It may take longer to develop community rapport, but the assets are still there and the connections can be made. Through trust mapping communities and finding out where people are more inclined to be within the community, I believe developing a stronger and thriving community can happen. It may take more time and effort. If you're willing, and find others who are committed alongside you in the community, then it can be done!

The beginning may be more difficult, but once you find the assets and the common goals within the community, you'll be making changes day by day!

I just read a quote by Louis McMaster Bujold and it reads, "By their essential nature triumphs can't be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds and the fiercer the resistances, the greater the honor. Victories can't be gifts."

My friend... If you're seeking to begin a journey of change, you have an entire community supporting you and willing to lend a hand as best we can.

Tags